Thread: In Bergen Norway

In Bergen Norway

I knew that EVs were very popular here---but this is far beyond my thought:

The Norwegian EV Association predicts that an electric market share of up to 95 percent is within reach in 2024.
    Norway celebrates another record year for electric vehicle sales with an 82.4 percent market share in 2023, according to statistics from the Norwegian Road Federation.

In 2022, the market share was 79.3 percent and 64.5 percent in 2021.
    Even city busses are EVs. EVs are easy to spot--their license number begins with "E".

Even more interesting that this is in a country whose wealth is based on petroleum production---and has a national zero waste goal.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It probably says something good about EVs, being so successful, particularly with their cold weather. I'm still on the fence, though, waiting for the bugs (e.g., range) to be worked out.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH;1111690\
    ...... I'm still on the fence, though, waiting for the bugs (e.g., range) to be worked out.

Hunter
    I don't know anything about government intervention (restrictions) in Norway, but those issues might not be such a problem in countries less restrictive than ours.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Norway - Bucket List Item

Check out Preikestolen in the municipality of Strand..... Look up for the BASE jumpers. That cliff is famous.

Gasoline at over $6 USD a gallon also could contribute to the desire for an EV.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Norway - Bucket List Item

Check out Preikestolen in the municipality of Strand..... Look up for the BASE jumpers. That cliff is famous.
    That is south of Bergen, we are headed east to Oslo from Bergen.

Added in edit, the pictures are pretty interesting
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 05-28-2024 at 05:02 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

This came as a surprise---it seems wind turbines are everywhere:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	40225