Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The rnc has become toxic---and potentially deadly

Can you imagine a prisoner in a prison with Secret Service protection 24/7?

Brings up the question, should a convicted felon ex president loose the protection rights provided by law?

I'll bet this judge has thought about that in his deliberations.
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

There's already a Democrat in Congress putting a bill forward that would deny secret service protection in such a case. I think it's highly unlikely to succeed because every ex-president has a number of national so-called secrets and they need to be protected.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

There is absolutely zero chance that if Donald Trump was sent to prison that he would be injured in any way. They can put him in rikers, they can put in a ****hole in Spain and there will be no difference,
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    A “contributor” to a tv show stated that unnamed sources says that they are considering an existing quarantine building .. private cells with a small “anti room “ (intended for medical use but secret service post).. issues discussed were differences of opinion between secret service and jail staff on fire arms & cellphones within security area..

Just what I heard..

I don’t believe that he will get jail time but the gag order issues are another story..

A convicted felon should absolutely lose all government perks.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    A convicted felon should absolutely lose all government perks.
    Mike I understand the sentiment. But when it comes to protecting former presidents there's more stake than any perk that might be received. There is a tremendous national security issue that requires the protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    ........ But when it comes to protecting former presidents there's more stake than any perk that might be received. There is a tremendous national security issue that requires the protection.
    Why should they be granted these perks when we deny members of the military who have not necessarily been convicted of a crime, but merely fallen from grace, something as simple as their pensions after many years of distinguished service? I say cut him loose and prosecute him if he violates his oath of office.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Why should they be granted these perks when we deny members of the military who have not necessarily been convicted of a crime, but merely fallen from grace, something as simple as their pensions after many years of distinguished service? I say cut him loose and prosecute him if he violates his oath of office.
    Not that don’t disagree, but this all happened before being elected. In my opinion, the Georgia case is much more damning…and a much stronger case.