Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The rnc has become toxic---and potentially deadly

The rnc has become toxic---and potentially deadly

Trump adviser on Hogan’s verdict remarks: You just ended your campaign.

Former President Trump’s adviser Chris LaCivita said that former Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R), who is running to become one of the state’s next senators, has just ended his campaign with remarks he shared in the lead-up to the decision in the former president’s hush money case.

Minutes before Trump, the Republican presumptive nominee, was found guilty on all 34 felony counts in the Manhattan hush-money case, Hogan shared a Thursday post on the social media platform X, saying that “regardless” of the outcome, Americans should respect the legal “process” and the verdict.

“At this dangerously divided moment in our history, all leaders—regardless of party—must not pour fuel on the fire with more toxic partisanship,” Hogan said. “We must reaffirm what has made this nation great: the rule of law.”

In a little more than an hour, LaCivita, a veteran consultant, who has been overseeing day-to-day operations of the Republican National Committee (RNC) since March, fired back at the former governor, saying “You just ended your campaign.”
    The irresponsible talk coming from trump is endangering our future---and clearly he doesn't give a damn.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"Hogan left office as one of the most popular governors in the United States with a near 80 percent approval rating."
    - Wikipedia

Not too shabby for someone who says he's a "moderate" Republican. That would diminish his odds substantially in my state (a la Jon Huntsman).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I live 15 miles from Maryland.. Maryland is politically a shining blue beacon, bright blue.. in Maryland they love L-O-V-E Larry Hogan..

The rnc has become toxic---and potentially deadly

Quite the jump don’t you think?

No jump at all, with the insane trump running around telling everyone that if he does not win the election there will be a blood bath---only fools or madmen would be unconcerned.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    It must be true---it was posted on "X"

Politicians talk just to hear themselves..

The “legal experts “ on this Sunday political shows were saying that with no prior record and his age that they doubted that he would see jail time..

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    It must be true---it was posted on "X"
    Posted on x and confirmed by an interview at CNN which you would have seen if you had looked at the post.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Politicians talk just to hear themselves..

The “legal experts “ on this Sunday political shows were saying that with no prior record and his age that they doubted that he would see jail time..
    Would you like to make a small friendly wager on that I'm taking jail time.

Better than a rope as in the old days. Or burning at the stake with witches.....
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Sure… an ice cream..

I believe the judge will sentence probation and maybe a fine.. needs to look like a “good guy” to appeals court and public opinion..

I believe, after all of Trumps comments about the Judges family, that the judge would love to send Trump to Rykers for a few months and then have him on the roadside picking up trash for the next dozen weekends and then probation..

I suspect there will be no jail sentence. That will help reduce trump's pity factor.

I can’t image any jail, for what really amounts to a misdemeanor…but hey…a lot better than a tope snd fire right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Sure… an ice cream..

I believe the judge will sentence probation and maybe a fine.. needs to look like a “good guy” to appeals court and public opinion..

I believe, after all of Trumps comments about the Judges family, that the judge would love to send Trump to Rykers for a few months and then have him on the roadside picking up trash for the next dozen weekends and then probation..
    We're on.. and yes if a statute provides for The ability to levy a fine it will probably be the maximum.