Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In other court news...

FriendofBRW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Only if he is found guilty--if he is acquitted you will scream rigged
    Hardly, aa stated before…I’m fine with Trump not being elected…Biden is your embarrassment…unless you’re pinning your hopes on President Harris.

*ignoring that the younger Biden was going to accept a plea deal that would allow him to be exonerated from felony gun charges*

I think much of the narrative along these lines is because many Americans including myself have lost faith in the justice system. As far as Hunter goes I really don't care whether he's convicted or not it has no bearing on my beliefs or my politics. He obviously went through a terrible time in his life when he was a drug infused scumbag. Where he goes from here is up to him.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I think much of the narrative along these lines is because many Americans including myself have lost faith in the justice system. As far as Hunter goes I really don't care whether he's convicted or not it has no bearing on my beliefs or my politics. He obviously went through a terrible time in his life when he was a drug infused scumbag. Where he goes from here is up to him.
    X2
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FriendofBRW View Post
    Hardly, aa stated before…I’m fine with Trump not being elected…Biden is your embarrassment…unless you’re pinning your hopes on President Harris.

*ignoring that the younger Biden was going to accept a plea deal that would allow him to be exonerated from felony gun charges*
    What you think you know is far less than what you do know.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I agree with, "No one is above the law." If he is convicted or acquitted, it has no bearing on my life or my political stances.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I was more suspicious of the DOJ when they allowed the Statue of limitations on the tax charges pass without charges or meaningful investigation.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

One more thought on the hunter Biden case. Based on the evidence that has been put before the jury to this point, unless the defense has some kind of a bomb to drop, the only way I could see an acquittal would be jury nullification.

... Just saying we’ll find out if Biden’s “no one is above the law” mantra holds true
    Biden has nothing to do with it at this point. The case is being tried in the court system, which is the Judicial branch of government. Biden is the CEO of the Executive branch of government. He has no say in what the Judicial branch does, or does not do.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Having carried a badge for 42 years now, although passively for the past few years, I agree. I have almost no faith in our justice system, and that sucks! My entire being was wrapped in finding justice, and that has all but disappeared. America has fallen to a very low place.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

FriendofBRW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Having carried a badge for 42 years now, although passively for the past few years, I agree. I have almost no faith in our justice system, and that sucks! My entire being was wrapped in finding justice, and that has all but disappeared. America has fallen to a very low place.
    How do we turn it around? Honest question.

How do we turn it around? Honest question.
    I wish I knew. I think the biggest problem is politic's intrusion into the justice system, from the lowest levels of policing to the highest courts in the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I wish I knew. I think the biggest problem is politic's intrusion into the justice system, from the lowest levels of policing to the highest courts in the land.
    Especially politically tainted district attorneys who were bought and paid for by billionaires with marching directives to destroy our country's criminal justice system.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Especially politically tainted district attorneys who were bought and paid for by billionaires with marching directives to destroy our country's criminal justice system.
    IMHO.. not all.. no conspiracy.. we just have a nut case Commonwealths Attorney…. Had the other nut cases vote for him in the primary and bingo.. no billionaires, no conspiracy.. its just how younger people think now..

It’s so bad that we almost had a republican win last election.. Commonwealths Attorney has been a democrat as long as I’ve been voting..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    IMHO.. not all.. no conspiracy.. we just have a nut case Commonwealths Attorney…. Had the other nut cases vote for him in the primary and bingo.. no billionaires, no conspiracy.. its just how younger people think now..

It’s so bad that we almost had a republican win last election.. Commonwealths Attorney has been a democrat as long as I’ve been voting..
    Well sandman I will have to strongly disagree with you.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I am still “on call” from my last (retirement) job.. I am 25 years older than the oldest full timer.. I hear the younger crew members discussing issues.. “kids” today like the new, “everyone released on own recognizance “ style.. we be getting old..