Thread: Shocking

Shocking

My friend worked in Baraboo Wisconsin in 1973/74 on the construction of a 2400 lb/hr nitro glycerin plant. He said he never sensed any strong political feeling from anyone. Apparently they kept them hidden

Wisconsin dad tells cops why he pushed superintendent off stage so he couldn’t shake daughter’s hand.

The scandal began on May 31, when Matthew Eddy walked onto the stage at Baraboo High School’s graduation as his daughter was shaking hands with school officials. As she approached Superintendent Rainey Briggs, who is Black, the father jumped on stage, grabbed the superintendent by his arm, and dragged him away from his daughter, viral video of the incident shows.

“He put both of his hands on me to push me out of the way stating, ‘You are not going to touch my (expletive) daughter,’” Briggs told police . “At that time I created space and stated ‘get your hands off me.’”

Now, Eddy has been charged with disorderly conduct and Briggs has filed a restraining order against the man.
    I hope his daughter isn't talking to her father
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I hope his daughter isn't talking to her father
    She may be too embarrassed to talk to anyone right now......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I expect you are right
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

What a time to show your ass. If he felt that strong about this individual and his daughter was on board he simply should have gone to the individual with a phone call and said hey we would both appreciate someone else congratulating my daughter at the graduation. But if he had done that he would not have been able to make a public embarrassing spectacle of himself.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Yeah, even if someone is racially biased, there are more appropriate ways to handle it (or simply not).

This Spring I was with my wife's friends when two of us (males) needed a bathroom break. So, we're standing side by side peeing in the bathroom it its two urinals. I mentioned we were lucky no lines existed for the bathroom. Our friend, whom I'd never been with alone with before, responded to my statement by saying, "At least we're not with Blacks." I found that statement interesting and asked, "Why?" I regretted asking as he launched into a rant about how Blacks got everyone's attention with their problems while his race (Native American) did not. Neither of us drink, so I can't attribute his comments to that. The interaction surprised me to the point that I froze and could not think of a response. So, I remained silent while we washed up and left the bathroom.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead