Thread: Poor career choice

Poor career choice

This pimp has officially been retired.

A Denver judge on Thursday sentenced a convicted human trafficker to 448 years in prison in what prosecutors described as the longest sentence ever given to a human trafficker in the U.S.

Nexstar’s KDVR was in the courtroom as victims of Robert Hawkins gave testimony about their experiences.

A jury in March convicted Hawkins of 18 counts, including human trafficking, pimping, sex assault and exploitation, some with minors. In addition to the prison sentence, Hawkins will be designated as a sexual predator and habitual criminal.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

As a branded pimp of children in a prison full of fathers it may be a very short, albeit painful, 448 years......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

He'll live out his life in an isolation cell 'cause child sex offenders are at the bottom of the prison hierarchy. Put him in general population, he dies.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead