Thread: Personal Freedom or Public Menace?

Personal Freedom or Public Menace?

According to Sandy Springs officials, officers spotted a 2023 Cadillac CT5-V traveling 143 mph in a 65 mph zone.

According to published specs that is still below the top speed of 156 mph----why

Buying one carries no guarantee the driver is capable of driving that speed and on a public highway it is insane---no matter who is driving
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The Georgia Department of Driver Services states that ‘super speeders’ are drivers ticketed for traveling 75 mph or faster on a two-lane road or 85 mph or faster on other roads or highways.
    My recent drive to a Dallas gun show on I-45 revealed that Texas drivers don't necessarily respect those of us who maintain 55 MPH in the right lane because our best fuel economy happens there...I didn't have to make any lane changes at all until I got to the freeway interchanges in Dallas, but I sure got a lot of folks in a bigger rush than me passing my truck to get to the next gas station quicker...If I was in that big of a hurry, I would have left the house sooner......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

It's interesting that Georgia has a ‘super speeders’ category.

Yeah, I've been known to relish fast cars. But my "daily driver" is my Diesel Jeep where the HP/Torque curve peaks at 65 MPH (with 35" tires factored in). Hence, that's where I cruise, regardless if it's a 70 or 80 MPH zone.

Like Ben, I'm in no hurry to get anywhere.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

My kayak trailer tires are rated for 65mph so I keep in at 62. of course not to many folks mess with a vehicle my size in the right hand lane
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Well the good news is if he keeps driving that caddy like that it won't last long.......
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Virginia adds on reckless driving for 20 over or over 85mph.. Reckless requires a court appearance, lawyer suggested, is a misdemeanor and allows jail time..

Do they still confiscate radar detectors?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Man, I remember when many states regulated trailer towing to under 55 or 60 MPH. Nowadays I'll have trailered vehicles pass me going 20+ MPH faster than me.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Man, I remember when many states regulated trailer towing to under 55 or 60 MPH. Nowadays I'll have trailered vehicles pass me going 20+ MPH faster than me.

Hunter
    try currently: 55 here in CA. Not that anyone pays attention unless the LEOs are about
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"