Thread: We are blessed

We are blessed

....or maybe not

We have two mentally impaired candidates running for President

Aren't we lucky

Cognitive Decline? Trump Short-Circuits During Bonkers Rant
    Ellie Quinlan Houghtaling
    Mon, June 10, 2024 at 10:18 AM EDT·4 min read

Donald Trump appeared fully unable to articulate a story about electric batteries on Sunday, instead opting to spin a thread in which zero of the underlying premises were actually true.

During his Las Vegas rally, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee told a story that flew a bit off the rails. The tale began by allegedly asking a South Carolinian boat manufacturer, who made boats that were too heavy and “can’t go fast,” a self-described “very smart” question about the efficacy of electric batteries in water-faring vessels—but then quickly devolved into nonsense about Trump’s fear of sharks.

“So I said, ‘Let me ask you a question,’” Trump told the crowd. “And he said, ‘Nobody ever asked this question.’ And it must be because of MIT. My relationship to MIT. Very smart. He goes. I say, “What would happen if the boat sank from its weight? And you’re in the boat and you have this tremendously powerful battery, and the battery is now underwater, and there’s a shark that’s approximately 10 yards over there.”

Then, a quick sidenote: “By the way, a lot of shark attacks lately. You notice that? A lot of shark. I watch some guys justifying it today. ‘Well, they weren’t really that angry. They bit off the young lady’s leg because of the fact that they were—they were not hungry, but they misunderstood what-who she was.’ These people are crazy.”

And back to the story.

“He said, ‘There’s no problem with sharks. They just didn’t really understand a young woman swimming. No really got decimated and other people too, a lot of shark attacks,’” Trump recalled, his voice pitching. “So I said, ‘So there’s a shark 10 yards away from the boat, 10 yards or here. Do I get electrocuted? If the boat is sinking, water goes over the battery, the boat is sinking. Do I stay on top of the boat and get electrocuted? Or do I jump over by the shark and not get electrocuted?”

“Because I will tell you, he didn’t know the answer. He said, ‘You know, nobody’s ever asked me that question.’ I said, ‘I think it’s a good question. I think there’s a lot of electric current coming through that water.’ But you know what I’d do if there was a shark or you get electrocuted? I’ll take electrocution every single time. I’m not getting near the shark!” Trump said.

Meanwhile, things didn’t look so hot for Trump’s team behind the scenes. At several points during the rally, Trump actually attempted to read his teleprompter but claimed it wasn’t working, suggesting to the crowd that he didn’t intend to pay for a “****ty job.”

“And then I don’t pay the company that does it, right?” Trump said. “And then I end up with a story, ‘Trump doesn’t pay.’ I don’t pay contractors that do a ****ty job. And that’s a ****ty job. That’s a ****ty job. You can’t read a word.”

Then they’ll say, ‘Oh, isn’t it terrible? Trump takes advantage of his—,’” he continued, before cutting himself off. “No … when I have a good contractor, a subcontractor, nobody gets paid faster. But when I have contractors that do this kind of work? You can have them.”

Trump is notorious for stepping out on the check, according to several former employees and contractors who have accused him of failing to pay up, sometimes to the tune of millions of dollars. His former attorney Rudy Giuliani may be one of the most recent instances of a former fixer being left holding the bag, but even before his 2016 presidential win, Trump was involved in more than 3,500 lawsuits for allegedly skirting the bill.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Let’s do each a favor…I’ll do everything I can to defeat President Biden…you do everything you can to defeat President Trump.

Let the chips fall where they may.

^^^^^^
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I won't be voting for either.

I will add that biden's problem is sad, trump's is evil.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    The Devil and the deep blue sea….

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I won't be voting for either.

I will add that biden's problem is sad, trump's is evil.
    Ok…you’re entitled to that opinion, but refresh our memory…how was a crack head able to amass his fortune?

There’s an old saying…follow the money

Have another Kool-Aid pal.

Your maga folks are busy making up a list of new conspiracies---mtg is even making her own
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 06-11-2024 at 03:28 PM.

Not to mention that a vote for Biden is a vote for President Kamala Harris. No way Biden can hold up for another term.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'm not sure he will make it to November.

Sadly, it's already past the weekend at Bernie's stage. I am really beginning to be disgusted with his wife's behavior. I just don't see how she could let her husband go through this.

America has become pathetic if this is the best we can do...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    America has become pathetic if this is the best we can do...
    America is about to cease to exist. Some new country(ies) will rise from the ashes. It's a damned sad commentary on the last few generations of Americans who are too lazy and complacent to even bother to vote, much less vet the candidates.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    America is about to cease to exist. Some new country(ies) will rise from the ashes. It's a damned sad commentary on the last few generations of Americans who are too lazy and complacent to even bother to vote, much less vet the candidates.
    Maybe….but things tend to happen the bring people together. Look at 9-11. Lots of anger and hatred before the event and what happened after?

I remember the same when Bin Laden was killed…

https://youtu.be/fcuLabfJ1zA?si=PYjrbhYHLqJpc6Fb

I have faith. If Philly and Mets fans can come together for a unified cause…so can America

We will see after the next presidential election. There's going to be a Firestorm either way. That's when we'll know how strong we are as a nation.