Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ahh 3 days at the Mendocino Coast

Yo, did they ever get the 1 open after the slide? I'd like to make the drive on my way to see my brother in Seattle. Was thinking about towing the trailer but it's appearing not to be a good idea....

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Yo, did they ever get the 1 open after the slide? I'd like to make the drive on my way to see my brother in Seattle. Was thinking about towing the trailer but it's appearing not to be a good idea....
    They expect to reopen 1 though big sur in mid July
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Meanwhile in Wyoming there may be a few delays and detours......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yep, made sure and got 3.73 diffs on the Diesel Jeep. Keeps the engine right about 2,000 RPM at 65 MPH (not coincidentally peak torque).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Looking at all the videos and pictures I am not sure why it slipped. The slope of the fill that remains is not terribly steep. They are going to have to cut way back into the other side to move the road away from the edge. No quick fix there.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis