Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guilty

The media will make the most of any political dirt it can roll itself in. I wonder if the framers of the Constitution would have granted them the vast rights to lie had they known what the current trash would publish as the truth?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The media will make the most of any political dirt it can roll itself in. I wonder if the framers of the Constitution would have granted them the vast rights to lie had they known what the current trash would publish as the truth?
    Maybe they didn't foresee how many Americans would be born dumb enough to believe it......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Maybe they didn't foresee how many Americans would be born dumb enough to believe it......Ben
    I get very frustrated and disappointed when an old buddy will mention some totally outrageous conspiracy theory.. I’ll comment that the theory is pretty wild, did you research any of it?.. the answer is always “no”..

Every now and again a wild theory is actually true (or pretty close)..

Yeah things get pretty wild. I remember when the hunter Biden laptop was all Russian disinformation. I was leaning towards believing it but as it turns out it was not disinformation and completely legitimate despite what we were being told by dozens of government officials and the mainstream media.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Yeah things get pretty wild. I remember when the hunter Biden laptop was all Russian disinformation. I was leaning towards believing it but as it turns out it was not disinformation and completely legitimate despite what we were being told by dozens of government officials and the mainstream media.
    And what exactly did they find? A privileged stoner bought a gun illegally? Yes, a crime.. yes, he should be punished..

But.. he is the screw up stoner child of the President.. not the President.. the crime wasn’t done for or with or with the knowledge of the President.. lock him up with the other screw-up stoners.. this whole affair wouldn’t normally even make the news..

The big explosion is just a mouse fart..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    And what exactly did they find? A privileged stoner bought a gun illegally? Yes, a crime.. yes, he should be punished..

But.. he is the screw up stoner child of the President.. not the President.. the crime wasn’t done for or with or with the knowledge of the President.. lock him up with the other screw-up stoners.. this whole affair wouldn’t normally even make the news..

The big explosion is just a mouse fart..
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Reading this thread reminds me of a classic by the Eagles, a nice little tune called dirty laundry. I think it sums up pretty much my feelings about the media.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.