Thread: Another EV maker takes the Chapter 11 route

Another EV maker takes the Chapter 11 route

Fisker files for bankruptcy.

Electric vehicle maker Fisker filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, the second electric startup to do so in the last year as even industry leaders struggle to lure more buyers beyond the early adapters of the technology.

Fisker Group Inc. said in a filing with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware that its estimated assets are between $500 million and $1 billion. It estimated liabilities are between $100 million and $500 million, with between 200 and 999 creditors.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I probably enjoy owning/driving vehicles more than I should. I simply can't understand how I'd function in our society without one.

To the issue at hand: In America, most of our early fledgling auto makers failed to either make money or survive. As a result, we now have less expensive and higher quality vehicles to drive. Hence, I believe we'll end up with reasonably cost-effective electric vehicles with higher quality once the struggling companies go under. To make it in Capitalistic countries, like ours, we'll need to see those two qualities in electric vehicles offered to us.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Unfortunately at some point we will all be driving an EV. The end game plan is to raise the price of gasoline to a point that it's unaffordable. After that, the electricity providers will have to significantly increase their infrastructure and then they will raise their prices accordingly. Stated another way we're screwed either way.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Another cyber truck used for another purpose.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=Nif5oz
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I like the comment, "So rather than be on patrol like most cop cars, these will be charging half the time."

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead