Thread: Me no like!

Thumbs down Me no like!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	40262

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'll trade you that one for our threat of hurricanes for the next few months......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

We are not free from hurricanes----we have had some really bad ones. Not as many as you guys but some just as bad
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

After days of scorching heat in the upper '90s all week I walked out to my car yesterday afternoon and it seemed cool. Cool at 89°. I detest the summer.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

91 here yesterday and 89 today. it is not suppose to get this hot this time of year in the mountains around here
    it's time to change the air in my head

Wifey and I came so close to moving fully to Las Vegas. But, after seeing where our temps are rising significantly, we decided to stay put and bought a new house here.

It's oddly satisfying to buy the last home you know you'll have in your life. The nicest part was we knew what we wanted and could finally afford to do it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

We have had reasonably cool nights which helps a lot. This morning when I left at about 7:30 it was delightful, 66 deg and low humidity---but now in the late afternoon that is only a memory. We are supposed to get some relief with a few days in the mid to high 80's in the next 10 days.

The deer don't like it either---they are eating in the early morning and then well after dark.

Name:	capture.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	40268

Just before taking that snip it was 97

No joy here!

Name:	capture.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	40269

It is 91 F here at the moment---and tomorrow is forecast to have a high of 73 F

Hallelujah

55 here last night. 61 now. ahhhhh
    it's time to change the air in my head

We hit 100 for the first time this season. But, it's a dry heat (seriously - makes a huge difference if you get into the shade). Humidity at 24% today.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Despite all the joking of "a dry heat" there is no denying the effect on the perceived temp.

On the flip side, I encountered my first outside spray coolers while working in Utah. I was amazed at the difference they made in the air temperature under an awning. In that case, the spray is evaporated and the "heat of vaporization" is pulled from the ambient air. The temperature drop, depending on ambient conditions can be 20 F plus.

We had huge "swamp coolers" in the plant, they, for the most part, did an admiral job of keeping the manufacturing floor tolerable. They work on the same principle as the spray coolers.

Yep, a swamp cooler is a relatively inexpensive and effective air conditioner. Whenever we moved it was one of the first things my Father would install in a house. One of my chores was starting up the coolers for the season. Then, I'd drain & shut 'em down for Winter.

Hunter