Thread: USS New Jersey underway!...

USS New Jersey underway!...

Out of drydock with fresh paint and returning to dock at Camden NJ...LIVE coverage!......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Great catch Ben

If you look at about 32 minutes (seems as if the clock is backward) and to the port side you will see the SS United States docked at pier 82.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    (seems as if the clock is backward)
    Probably because this is live coverage, and the bar allows you to go back in time to the beginning of the broadcast...The "time" will change as the coverage progresses as I understand it......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Probably the longest vid you've posted, Ben (not a complaint).

"New Jersey earned more battle stars for combat actions than the other three completed Iowa-class battleships, and was the only US battleship used to provide gunfire support during the Vietnam War."
    - Wikipedia

Additonally: Most decorated battleship in the history of the US Navy.
    - Wikipedia

I really appreciate all the work and money put into saving and refurbishing these historic ships. When I board one like the New Jersey (which I plan to do), I think it's worth it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

You were right Ben---now that they are done the USS United States comes into view at about 1:53 on the port side.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    My dad was with the Marine Detachment aboard New Jersey during the Korean War.. he bought my mom a set of good China while in port in Japan ( loaded munitions).. the concussion of the 16 inch guns firing ..