Thread: Dogs best friends

Dogs best friends

Fishermen in Mississippi pull off dramatic rescue of 38 dogs treading water.

"We got back over to the ramp with that last bunch of dogs… [and] we were having to drag them out of the boat because they didn't want to get out of our boat. They were scared they were going back to the water. It was terrible."
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I had no idea a dog could tread water. Still an excellent "feel good" outcome.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

You never heard the term "dog paddle"?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I have five dogs. One of them cannot swim a lick. The others were dog paddling the first time we held them over water and they weren't even in yet. They have great swimming instincts.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Dog paddle - yes. Started swimming that way (like many others). It's the movement I'm thinking of - you know, moving through the water, even inefficiently with dog paddling. It's the ability to stay in one place that I question. I would assume a dog would need to be almost vertical (rear legs down) to tread water, or else they'd be moving forward in the water.

I've just never seen it occur (which doesn't inherently disprove it).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    They have great swimming instincts.
    I think you're on to something here......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

A nice clip of happy dogs.

Hunter