Thread: Event Of A Lifetime: Eagles To Perform At Las Vegas Sphere

Event Of A Lifetime: Eagles To Perform At Las Vegas Sphere

Sure, they did a Farewell Tour and we thought it was the end of the line. But, MSG Sphere offered them big bucks to reunite and perform 12 shows from Sept. 20 to Nov. 9 of this year.

Wifey and I used our Nevada Seasonal I.D. to jump the line and get Floor VIP Tickets to the first show. If they can make it through without getting into a fight (which has happened before) we'll be golden. We've got the rooms and flights locked down and will go in a day early, just in case.

Seriously, my friends, this is a huge musical opportunity. In my opinion, this band represents what Boomers are all about (thanks to the Greatest Generation and the Silent Generation).

If you're going please say so. And, if some of our dates there overlap and we can meet, great. But, no pressure and no requirements.

Wifey and I will be at the Venetian. Sphere is right behind it (East side).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Have seen the Eagles several times.. always a good show.. last concert was at the big Hockey/Basketball arena in Chinatown DC.. nose bleed tickets.. as we enter, the ticket taker advises that the head ticket taker needs to speak with us.. seems that the “wings”, (lower stands facing the side if the stage) had not been sold and that the wing sections would look noticeably empty in concert videos.. we were “upgraded “.. we were slightly above stage level in x5th row with no one in front of us and a full speaker bank facing us.. sky suits were x5 rows behind us and a kizillion “cheap seats” above them.. . wowzers, what a view..

Enjoy.. wish that we could join you.. always a good show..

I know what the encore will be.. but not telling..

My musical exposure is severely limited...Although I've heard the band's name mentioned before, I can't associate any of their songs with the name...It may be just department store background music to me...I couldn't even pick any of the members out of a line-up if my life depended on it...But then again, I live mostly in a vacuum...I hope everyone in attendance has the time of their lives......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Good comments.

I'm betting you'd recognize some of their hits, Ben. For, they often had crossover hits in Country as well as Rock music.

Two of the original members have passed on (Fry and Meisner). But the remaining ones all excel at their craft.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    As I remember.. and I could have it screwed up.. the original band was studio musicians and were pulled together as a group to backup Linda Ronstadt on tour.. then just developed into the Eagles..

Yep, major Linda Ronstadt influence for the Eagles.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yep, major Linda Ronstadt influence for the Eagles.

Hunter
    Now her I know of!......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yeah, not just a pretty face. Even Linda's intro stuff with the Stone Ponies was excellent.

She didn't hesitate to wade into political waters - which pissed off some people and thrilled others. Her personal life is also interesting, having dated some famous men yet never marrying.

I didn't know that, before looking at her history for this thread, that her brother was the Police Chief of Tucson AZ at one point.

Hunter