Thread: In the EV pipe line

In the EV pipe line

$25000 EV offerings.

Electric-vehicle prices are falling fast in the U.S., but the cheapest models remain far more costly than what other countries have on offer.

The BYD Seagull sells for about $10,000 in China, the Dacia Spring starts at $20,000 in Europe, the Renault Kwid e-Tech costs $19,000 in Brazil, and the Kia Ray goes for $22,000 in South Korea.

So where is America’s $25,000 EV?

In short, it’s coming soon. It may not seem that way at first glance: U.S. vehicle prices in general have soared to around $47,000, on average, and prices for electric models are higher still. Even after price cuts, the country’s best-selling electric sedan, Tesla’s Model 3, starts at around $40,000.

But with signs of slowing growth in the premium EV market, manufacturers have been working on a substantial pivot from luxury to practicality. The $25,000 economy electric car is the industry’s new target, and a number of models are set to hit the road within a year. Whether they can win over the next wave of American EV owners — and fend off Chinese imports currently held at bay by soon-to-be-102.5% tariffs — depends on how much range and how many features can be squeezed in.
    At that price I might think about one since the majority of our driving is within a 15 mile radius. That is as long as I can charge for $0.12 and not $0.65!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Wifey and I see the proverbial writing on the wall. We figure our next vehicle purchase may be for an electric one. Yet, I do think it'll probably take 5 to 10 years for them to work the bugs out of 'em (i.e., batteries/range, etc.).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Still thinking of the F-150 but not at that price they are still asking for 2023's....
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'