Thread: US Surgeon General declares “Gun Violence” a health crisis

US Surgeon General declares “Gun Violence” a health crisis

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. surgeon general on Tuesday declared gun violence a public health crisis, driven by the fast-growing number of injuries and deaths involving firearms in the country.

The advisory issued by Dr. Vivek Murthy, the nation’s top doctor, came as the U.S. grappled with another summer weekend marked by mass shootings that left dozens of people dead or wounded.

https://apnews.com/article/surgeon-g...b24ae809853f66
    Why not call it for what it really is? I know it’s easier to blame an inanimate object…

What is a realistic solution?

Impeach Murthy.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

None of my guns have ever threatened violence......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    None of my guns have ever threatened violence......Ben
    I know Right? The narrative makes is sound like all those hooligan guns are roving the streets preying on the helpless. Scary

You know after reading the narrative of some of these heinous crimes being committed by migrants who have entered the country, many illegally I have an observation. A judge in Harris County Texas today addressing the arrest of the two people for raping and murdering a 12-year-old girl under a bridge stated that it's not the immigration status that makes evil, it's the person. Couldn't the argument be made, as it has been made here, that it's not the gun that is evil it's the person. Isn't the logic the same. Any opinions?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Inanimate objects has yet to commit a crime….