Thread: On to more important things

Cool On to more important things

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Puppy - scenes of my youth.

Duck - hanging outside of San Francisco Chinese grocery store.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Puppy - scenes of my youth.

Duck - hanging outside of San Francisco Chinese grocery store.

Hunter
    That was one gutsy duck-----or maybe he wasn't a Peking Duck
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I've had duck a few time in Chinese restaurants - and doubt they were the Peking kind. Looking around on the web, it looks like some people think it should be illegal to serve 'em after that, but I'm betting it doesn't kill people to do so.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

i have raised ducks for meat a few times, still have a few in the deep freezer. pekins are the way to go, they have the most meat per duck. i will probably do new zealand rabbits later this summer and butcher this fall. they have the best meat to bane ratio.
    it's time to change the air in my head

I have to admit that I have not mastered the cooking of ducks

I have thought of skinning them and just roasting the skin but that is too wasteful

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Back in the ancient daze.. early 90s.. we were on Grant Street in San Francisco, Chinatown and an old van was unloading in front of a small restaurant.. guy has a box (like flowers are delivered in) with several prepared ducks (like hang in the windows).. guy trips and dumps several ducks into the gutter.. he picks them out of the gutter, places them in the box and into the restaurant.. didn’t even dust them off..

Yeah, no one really knows where a dead duck has been.

Hunter

Hunter

Hunter
    Somehow they all seem to survive the Looney Tunes cartoons......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

As I try to shed the mental image of Sandman's post I can't ignore the fact that dust is far from the worst thing that has inhabited that gutter in Chinatown