Thread: A Tactical error on my part

A Tactical error on my part

Late last year as I was doing some light tax management and I expanded my normal list of charities. One that got added was the League of Women Voters. I have found them as a valuable source of information on candidates, that all too often is difficult to find. That becomes a major issue in PA. We vote for Judges and they seem to think that less information in the public domain is a good thing. The LWV and the state bar association are about the only sources available, although the bar association limits their comment to "highly recommend", "recommend" and "do not recommend".

So--with good intentions I sent a modest check to the LWV---little did I know that turned me into chum

My wife is still "officially" a Republican, I am "officially" independent. My wife has been getting no political mail, I on the other hand am being swarmed

Apparently, I am now red meat for the Dems, the ACLU and a host of others whose names are new to me. So far I have not been annoyed by trump and crew
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Lucky you...I'm inundated with trashcan fodder on a daily basis...I suppose the USPS is the only beneficiary in their bait casting attempts here......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That's interesting - so far, I think I have only received 2-3 pieces of political mail during this election cycle.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That's interesting - so far, I think I have only received 2-3 pieces of political mail during this election cycle.
    Judging only on my wife's lack of mail the GOP seems to be either sure of their voters or holding their fire until fall
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I have received nothing. I hope it stays that way
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Also have received nothing.. we have no party affiliation in our voting record.. but if you vote in a primary, watch out.. the mail spigot opens..

Locally We are behind the “blue wall “.. republicans sometimes don’t even field a candidate, almost never spend $$$ advertising.. will see a sign in a yard and google the name to find out who it is.. primary is now used for keeping the far left knuckleheads off of the ballot ..

State wide we are still purple.. so the primary has been used to attempt to keep the ultra crazy right off of the ballot.. note: last gubernatorial election we went red.. Younkin turned out to be much farther right than his campaign positions had stated.. so, midterms voters flipped the legislature blue to stop him (he is one very unhappy governor)..

Younkin turned out to be much farther right than his campaign positions had stated.. so, midterms voters flipped the legislature blue to stop him (he is one very unhappy governor)..
    I recently read somewhere that he might be under consideration as a VP candidate---I have no idea if that was idle talk made up by someone with a word quota or if there was substance to it.

I get annoyed by texts. Very little mail at all. It's not surprising to me that donating to the LWV put Dave on every left wing mailing list. I donated to the campaign of a local US congressman who nominated my son to the naval academy. I got inundated with Republican mail for about 3 years after so I feel your pain Dave.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Since Wifey and I are registered as Republicans, we only get a trickle of mail. Being that this a predominantly Republican state, that party doesn't need to advertise. They simply assume they'll win - and they usually do.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead