Thread: They deserved each other!

They deserved each other!

You have to read to the end to fully appreciate this debacle.

Man facing felony assault charges after car flips over on motorcyclist on Sunset Highway
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I’m surprised that the motorcyclist can be charged with traffic charges that were not witnessed (the insurance and registration and license were witnessed) … here, the car would be charged with “failure to keep vehicle under proper control “ (because it’s upside down) and ruled at fault..

Traffic charges are interesting.. knew a police officer who was riding his bicycle, in the bike lane and crossing a Home Depot entrance.. a guy made a left turn into the Home Depot and hit the bicyclist.. because the police officer wasn’t at work he had no work related coverage, on his own.. fellow police officers issued the motorist a warning, not a ticket.. logic was that a ticket could be found not guilty but a warning established fault and you can’t contest a warning..

Bicyclist-police officer received a most generous settlement from the motorists insurance..

I can attest a motorcyclist loses when sparring with a typically-sized car or truck. The math's just not in your favor. I liken it to a plane crash wherein you're one lucky bastard if you can walk away.

The only witness to my crash was the truck driver who ran over me and my bike. I had no memory of the crash or the next 7 weeks. The truck driver said I was at fault for driving erratically. Since I couldn't contest what he said, I was blamed. Family and friends were stunned by the crash saying, "He never even laid down a bike in 50 years (but I had plenty of off road wipe outs)" So, I paid through the nose for insurance for the next 5 years. We do what we must and then move on.

Hopefully, the motorcyclist in this instance will come back as much as possible. When our friend Kevin bought a new motorcycle I wished him good luck, cause he'll need it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

My only comment (that I think I have enough information to make) is the lane splitting----I am strongly opposed to that

I put up with that for years on the cross Bronx expressway

When I saw them coming I had to control my urge to "shut the door" on them
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis