Thread: I like it

Thumbs up I like it

I lost the charger and cord to one of my "devices" on the trip----now if truth be told I suspect it is here somewhere---but I need it and can't find it. This cord has a USB a on one end and a specialty plug on the other---so fabricating one wasn't likely

I bought this from Amazon so I started there to get the name---then off to their site and within only a few minutes I got to the page where they had "replacement accessories."

The purchase of that took me right back to Amazon----and $5.99 to Amazon and it will be here on Wed, my normal day

If Sears had ever figured that out they just might still be around
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Amazon is my go-to for most anything. In fact I have bought appliance parts, car parts, you name it their prices always better and they have everything that you can imagine in stock and ready to ship. And, as a prime member shipping is always free.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    And, as a prime member shipping is always free.
    I never did fall for the $12 or whatever it is a month, and I still don't pay for shipping......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I'm with Honda---not many Wednesdays go past here without a stop by the Amazon truck.

How do you manage free shipping Ben---if you don't mind sharing
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    How do you manage free shipping Ben---if you don't mind sharing
    Not at all, and remember nothing is "free"...Someone pays for it, and that someone is always us...What gets shipped direct from Amazon ships at no additional cost, as long as your order totals $35 or more...It may not ship right this minute, but in many cases it does, so I wait until my bill of goods totals at least $35...I'm never in that big of a hurry anyway, if I was I would have ordered sooner...A few items do not ship direct from Amazon, and may incur a shipping charge...They keep track of what I have spent in shipping charges in an attempt to hook me on their club fees...Their recent email to tempt me said that I have spent $18.39 in the last three years on shipping, and if only I was smart enough to sign on their dotted line for $12 a month, I could have pocketed that $18.39 myself...Silly me......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Got it, good job

That might work for you Ben, but I order about 10 or 15 items a month at the least.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Not at all, and remember nothing is "free"...Someone pays for it, and that someone is always us...What gets shipped direct from Amazon ships at no additional cost, as long as your order totals $35 or more...It may not ship right this minute, but in many cases it does, so I wait until my bill of goods totals at least $35...I'm never in that big of a hurry anyway, if I was I would have ordered sooner...A few items do not ship direct from Amazon, and may incur a shipping charge...They keep track of what I have spent in shipping charges in an attempt to hook me on their club fees...Their recent email to tempt me said that I have spent $18.39 in the last three years on shipping, and if only I was smart enough to sign on their dotted line for $12 a month, I could have pocketed that $18.39 myself...Silly me......Ben
    some thing i do ben, in 3 years i spend under $25 for shipping...so this means we think alike....sorry to hurt your feelings
    it's time to change the air in my head

I'm afraid I don't have that much self control---sometimes I am not sure I can make it until Wednesday----but the extra 1% off keeps me in check!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    ...so this means we think alike....
    The end is near...Someone shoot me, please......Ben

We had an Amazon warehouse open up in SLC a few years ago. As a result, many of the items I order from them get here the next day.

Yeah, I know doing the above hurts local retailers, but it's hard to pass up Amazon's prices and their fixes if an item fails to perform.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead