Thread: A bargain at twice the price

Cool A bargain at twice the price

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I always wanted a Cord, and given the wherewithal that one would be my choice......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I suspect one or two more good guns shows and you will have it my good man
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

But then I would have fewer guns - no good can come of that...Except maybe being the envy of all in the grocery store parking lot......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    But then I would have fewer guns - no good can come of that...Except maybe being the envy of all in the grocery store parking lot......Ben
    That right there would qualify as a chic magnet

Had the pleasure to drive the replica version with a big block Ford in it. Too say it was fun to drive was an understatement, but getting in was apain in the a$$. I would assume that goes for the original also.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

That has suicide doors which for some reason make it seem awkward for me to get in and out.

I was hoping for shots of the engine bay and was not disappointed. If I had to choose between the Cord and the most beautiful woman in the world, I'd pick the Cord.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I was hoping for shots of the engine bay and was not disappointed. If I had to choose between the Cord and the most beautiful woman in the world, I'd pick the Cord.

Hunter

If I had to choose between the Cord and the most beautiful woman in the world, I'd pick the Cord.
    As Dave suggested above, buy the Cord and the women will find you......Ben

I would not be surprised, Ben.

I remember seeing a movie wherein a teen works hard, amassing money, buys a Cord and his family pretty much disowns him for such a "foolish" purchase. Well, he keeps that Cord in pristine condition and sells it for 1 Million $ in a few decades. Thus, he goes from being On The Bottom to being On The Top.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I would not be surprised, Ben.

I remember seeing a movie wherein a teen works hard, amassing money, buys a Cord and his family pretty much disowns him for such a "foolish" purchase. Well, he keeps that Cord in pristine condition and sells it for 1 Million $ in a few decades. Thus, he goes from being On The Bottom to being On The Top.

Hunter
    Can't remeber that movie. IIRC he collected paintings, books, etc that at the time weren't worth a lot.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Yeah, sounds like the one. I've never run across it and cannot remember who starred in it or the title.

Hunter