Thread: Rivian R1T Breaks Pikes Peak Record

Rivian R1T Breaks Pikes Peak Record

"The re-engineered powertrain delivers 1,025 horsepower and 1,198 lb-ft of torque. Rivian says that the new R1T will run from 0 to 60 mph in less than 2.5 seconds and complete a quarter-mile in just 10.5 seconds. The production truck will top out at 130 mph."
    - MotorTrend

https://www.motortrend.com/events/20...s-peak-record/

I've been dreading getting an electric vehicle in the future. This means I may have been wrong.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Not for me, thanks...I'll get to the top of Pike's Peak in my own good time......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yep, Eric - which means Rivian & VW will still be around to sell advanced vehicles.

My first vehicle was a 1966 VW fastback which I bought and stored in the garage. I was 16 and Mother said you can't get a motorcycle till you've got a car - hence the VW. I had 5 other V-Dubs over the years. The air-cooled ones were chilly to drive during the Winter but had steller snow/ice performance.

Well, Ben, Pikes Peak will still be there for setting performance standards. Yet, I've never been there. I just know it's A Feather In The Cap for automakers to win.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I've been driving my Mom's Genesis a bit lately and have to admit to really enjoying the torque it puts out. I will never be able to get use to the braking that occurs when u let off the throttle. I like to coast and they don't.

There is no "neutral" position for the throttle?
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 07-03-2024 at 03:07 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I've been driving my Mom's Genesis...
    Has she heard from Nox on his latest parole hearing?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

No coasting?

Man, don't get me started on how much I miss stick shifts. The 356 has one and my Nieces and Nephews love to take it out for a spin.

Hunter