Thread: Nothin left to do

Nothin left to do

We are hosting a picnic this afternoon for 15 people and I'm ready! There will be no cooking going on while the guests are here---which means I can enjoy the party

There is a slow cooker (it is actually my instant pot in creeper gear) loaded and started at 11 AM with 5 pounds of sausage, red, green and orange bell peppers, sweet onions, 1/2 of a red onion, prepared marinara sauce, a pint of grape tomatoes, lots of seasonings including fresh basil and a Parmesan rind.

Going in the oven shortly, 60 meat balls in marinara sauce, a pint of grape tomatoes, Italian seasoning and oregano.

Both will be married to Italian long rolls (from a real Italian bakery)

Done and waiting to be served, a sweet corn and tomato salad with red onion, feta cheese, fresh basil, fresh parsley, EVOO, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and sea salt. Plus traditional potato salad, French lemon potato salad and macaroni salad. All but the corn salad were made yesterday. I started doing the sweet corn at 7 this morning.

Others are bringing baked beans, a fresh fruit salad and a jello salad. Our middle son is bringing a charcuterie board for an appetizer and our daughter is bringing desert---but I'm not sure what

It feels like I must be doing something wrong

It is time to put the meat balls in the oven and me in the shower
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Sounds like good food and a good time.

It's a family get together day on my end. four generations of us spanning 1 to 89 years old. It doesn't get much better than this.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

It was a great time here as well---and my plan to be idle worked perfectly. I was done all my active cooking demands before noon---and that included prepping 2 qt of string beans for possibly tonight.

This morning the only hangover is the refrigerator---it is in gridlock

Our SIL, who I thought was not going to make it---did. He had to get up at 2 AM this morning to make a 5:00 AM push back at Newark. He is going to Orlando---and then dead heads back to Newark and should be home by early afternoon.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Dead Head - not about Jerry Garcia or about plants. Dad was a Trucker and often mentioned it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead