Thread: you texas boys gonna get wet Sunday and Monday

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I have 3 generators. the built in propane Onan 2500 watt in the camper. a gas powered Honda 2000 watt and a gas powered ONAN 6500 watt to power up the entire house. In the mountains where I lived we would be without power for up to 10 days at a time when we had big windstorms like 105 mph up on our ridge top. Nothing like watching 150 foot Doug Firs just get blown over and giant valley oaks get split in half. I got out of the Fire engine and got tossed 20 feet through the air before I landed on my butt.
    So---whata ya waitin for---get on the road and take some of that power to Ben---he needs it

Things are not looking good in Texas

HOUSTON — More than 1.3 million customers in Texas were still without power Wednesday night, depriving many of air conditioning during a dangerous heat wave, two days after Hurricane Beryl made landfall on the Gulf Coast.

The storm, which is blamed in at least 11 deaths in the U.S. and nine in the Caribbean, was a post-tropical cyclone Wednesday and was still bringing rain to the Great Lakes and New England regions through Wednesday night, forecasters said.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 07-11-2024 at 06:23 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis