Thread: Another one out of the gene pool

Another one out of the gene pool

Man dies after placing lit firework on his head during Fourth of July party

DORCHESTER COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) – A South Carolina man was killed after trying to “show off” with fireworks at a Fourth of July party Thursday night.

When deputies with the Dorchester County Sheriff’s Office arrived at a neighborhood block party in Summerville at 10:23 p.m., they found a man lying in the roadway suffering from major head injuries.

Witnesses told deputies the injuries were from a fireworks accident.

The coroner later said the victim, 41-year-old Allen Ray McGrew, had ignited a large firework device and set it on his head. The device exploded, causing “massive head injuries.”

McGrew was pronounced dead at the scene.
    It was claimed that the man's last words were: "hold my beer bubba and watch this"

His Darwin award will be made posthumously
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Apparently life is short at the shallow end of the gene pool when the lifeguard is on break......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Here's another one who's in early training.

https://x.com/weirddalle/status/1809...441840262?s=19
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

As the twig is bent, so grows the tree......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

And the hits just keep on coming.

https://x.com/SteveInmanUIC/status/1...963219373?s=19
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It seems July 4th sucks them right out of the woodwork in BIG quantities

Last one I promise......
    Somebody finally found a safe way to enjoy fireworks.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPREq15Mm/

Interesting...

TikTok is a huge success, particularly with generation Z (succeeding Millennials and preceding Generation Alpha).
    - Wikipedia

Wifey - "It's their version of YouTube."

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I am breaking my promise I can't help it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-firework.html