Thread: What if Biden steps down?????.....

What if Biden steps down?????.....

Suppose Biden finally decides he's not going to run for another term or even steps down as President. Who's on deck for a replacement?

Sure Kamala would become President if he steps down. But who might become VP in that case?

If he doesn't run, my top pick would be Gretchen Whitmer. Yours????
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    IMHO.. as long as the candidate isn’t named Trump he/she automatically gets 49% of the vote..

Joe Menchin in one of my favorite Dems.. but I don’t think he is a Dem anymore..

Only personal experience is Sen Leahy.. met him once.. absolutely great guy.. but he is 84yo.. and great guy plus “not Trump” is not enough to overcome 84yo, don’t even have to look at the serious stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Suppose Biden finally decides he's not going to run for another term or even steps down as President. Who's on deck for a replacement?

Sure Kamala would become President if he steps down. But who might become VP in that case?

If he doesn't run, my top pick would be Gretchen Whitmer. Yours????
    If Biden steps down…Trump loses…

My pick? Fetterman…seems that stroke cured his Liberalism. He actually has a sense of humor now

biden has to step down to save the nation---he cannot be that selfish My concern is there will be a big push to slide harris in to the spot and that is a non starter for me

As for Gov. Whitmer---I have been following her for some time----she has a few very fine points

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	40309
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Great, now we're voting with our dicks........ On second thought, the current system does not work.

A true moderate Democrat would fit the bill. But they won't let that happen there's nothing moderate about today's Democratic party.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    A true moderate Democrat would fit the bill. But they won't let that happen there's nothing moderate about today's Democratic party.
    I'm afraid "moderate" is a no show on both sides of the aisle
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Looking at Gretchen Whitmer's info online, since Fred mentioned her. Looks to have good experiences in gov systems. And, she's one of the Dem leaders saying Biden should take a cognitive test. 'Course, we'd have to see if she throws her hat into the ring.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Adding to my last post, I think I was being unfair in my response---I think there are moderates on both sides of the aisle. The problem they face---and this is worse for the Republicans than for the Democrats but both suffer this illness, just to varying degrees, is reprisals made by their own extreme brothers.

You go no further than looking at the so called "freedom caucus" in the house---they eat their own. They keep expelling members because they commit some sort of infraction against the "sacred pact"----and horrors---maybe even trump. As a result, few are willing to risk being burned at the stake by such heathens.

It isn't nearly as well organized on the other side of the aisle----but they have their own (multiple) underground hate groups---like the squad doing the same things.

The current house is infested with mindless kids that have no idea of why they are there or realize there is a job to do---and they aren't doing it

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I’m behind “the blue line”.. I wouldn’t recommend any of the locals.. Jamie Raskin, with Trone are the next district in one Direction.. Beyer is the other way.. the blue is blinding..

Abbey Spanberger from south of us, below the blue line is more moderate, running for Virginia Governor, pendulum should swing back to blue after Youngkins antics..

Not familiar with Gretchen..

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Adding to my last post, I think I was being unfair in my response---I think there are moderates on both sides of the aisle. The problem they face---and this is worse for the Republicans than for the Democrats but both suffer this illness, just to varying degrees, is reprisals made by their own extreme brothers.

You go no further than looking at the so called "freedom caucus" in the house---they eat their own. They keep expelling members because they commit some sort of infraction against the "sacred pact"----and horrors---maybe even trump. As a result, few are willing to risk being burned at the stake by such heathens.

It isn't nearly as well organized on the other side of the aisle----but they have their own (multiple) underground hate groups---like the squad doing the same things.

The current house is infested with mindless kids that have no idea of why they are there or realize there is a job to do---and they aren't doing it
    Yeah…ok.

Interesting no comment about the Senate currently under Democrat control

No the reason we don't see some of the dissenting groups in the Democrats that you do with the Republicans is because the Democrats are in lockstep with each other and it's rare that anybody speaks out differently. As you pointed out you mentioned one group of leftist wackos in the Democratic party, but there are plenty others, they just don't have names like the freedom caucus, but their agenda is clear All the same. The issues are clear in this election cycle. A voter just has to choose which side they're on. There are no close calls here. There's a tremendous difference between the agenda of the Republicans going forward and the Democrats going forward. Or ,as some here have suggested, they're just going to write somebody or not vote all.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    There's nothing moderate about either of the two dominant parties...And all political parties are only loyal to the party when what is needed are leaders who are loyal to the nation......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...