Thread: A front runner here: Man told cops he wanted to ‘take on an alligator’

A front runner here: Man told cops he wanted to ‘take on an alligator’

This dude was so whacked the gators left.

After taking an excess of acid and avoiding sleep for multiple days a man took a swim in Jarvis Creek Park’s pond looking to fight an alligator.

At 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to the Hilton Head Island park about a man acting erratically and swimming in the pond. The man, who wasn’t arrested, told deputies that he was in the water and “wanted to see if he could take on an alligator,” the incident report says.

The man told deputies he had taken 10 tabs of acid on Monday and hadn’t slept in the past three nights. “(The man) was extremely emotionally disturbed and continuously displaying multiple personality types on a rotation. (The man) was hallucinating, seeing people who were not there,” the responding officer wrote in the police report.
    Yes sir----you would make Dr Timmy proud my man
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    This dude was so whacked the gators left.

Yes sir----you would make Dr Timmy proud my man
    Channeling Hunter S Thompson
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

My question is why did none of the Gators get him instead of attacking an old lady walking her dog by the shoreline or a kid at Disney world.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Fittingly, the article below the linked one states, "Your life will have more purpose if you have an alligator."

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

From the gator's POV eating that dude would be like fighting a drunk, he would not know he got beat.

I remember one hollering, let me up, I'll kill you
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Not coincidentally, I saw where efforts are underway in Texas to save alligators from Beryl's destruction. I deduce from that there're gators in some swampy or wet areas of the state. I'm betting the reptiles enjoy encounters with the wild boars we often hear about.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

There are gators within the city limits here in the wild...The young lady who lives above my garage is an animal control officer with Conroe Police Department, and she occasionally has to wrangle one into submission...She's little but she's tough......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I'm no depository of knowledge on Texas gators---but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night Texas does have a gator season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    In my own backyard, the calendar becomes very fuzzy...If the young lady upstairs happens to awaken to a sudden loud noise with no accompanying scream for help, she knows it's safe to put her Glock back under her pillow and go back to sleep...The morning light may reveal an immobile carcass of a gator, reticulated python, monitor lizard or just a smoking hole in the ground...It's something we've discussed already......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Eastern Texas, along with the costal areas, is home to around 500,000 Alligators. Yeah, we have a few!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Note to self: If camping in Texas, do so in a tree.

Hunter

In all fairness, the gators do a fair job of thinning out the water moccasin population anyway......Ben