Thread: Too much of a good thing

Too much of a good thing

Turn off the sun!

This article clearly has political bias---but separate that from the very real issue of an over supply of solar generated power in parts of California. That has occurred partly as a result of Government's "over involvement" in solar generation capacity. It is a case study in how to "upset" a capitalist economy by over manipulation.

Sadly, the same body that helped cause this is now about to take the same path with battery banks to help solve it
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"...the federal government continues to incentivize solar power."
    - IER

Feds should have installed a circuit breaker (pun intended) to diminish funds when market saturation was achieved.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I think the primary accountability with this lies with the State of California.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Mmmm... yes and no.

The monetary request(s) and distribution would be handled by a designee on both ends. They would create a paper trail through both chains of command. Also, a gov Budget Analyst (which I was until I retired) would review and sign off (quarterly, at least).

Hence (per above) a person in both agencies would be responsible. One actually does just as much paperwork for $1 as they do for $1 million. Whomever put together the article should have known how the system works - as well as how to contact the responsible designees.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead