Thread: Ambani Wedding

Ambani Wedding

One Big Headline

Celebrities, politicians, and other public figures are gathering in India this weekend for what is considered the year's most lavish wedding event. Anant Ambani (the youngest son of Asia's richest person, Mukesh Ambani) and Radhika Merchant (the daughter of a billionaire pharmaceutical tycoon) tied the knot in India Friday as part of four-day-long celebrations.

The wedding—estimated to have cost as much as $300M alone—comes after a marathon of prewedding festivities that first kicked off in March. Celebrity performances have included Rihanna, Katy Perry, Pitbull, Justin Bieber, The Backstreet Boys, and opera singer Andrea Bocelli. The price tag for the overall monthslong wedding celebrations is seen as a drop in the bucket for Mukesh Ambani, who is among the top 12 richest people in the world and is estimated to have a net worth of $123B.

The guests in attendance this weekend include John Cena, Mark Zuckerberg, Kim Kardashian, and former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair.
    Now that I see some of the invited guests who are going to attend I am rather glad that I sent my regrets.

Last edited by Dave Grubb; 07-13-2024 at 01:18 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

And why should we care?
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Sounds like you weren't invited
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Sounds like you weren't invited
    I don't know anything about any celebrities or rich people. I don't pay any attention to that stuff unless they actually do something to benefit people or the planet and that may catch my attention for a minute or two. also I don't watch the idiot box or stream anything online either
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

India - I've wanted to go there. However, people I know who've been there have told me it's a PITA to journey on surface streets. Being rich enough to travel by helicopter would probably be a good idea.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Eric--lighten up---it was meant as humor

June 21, 2018, Melania Trump's jacket: I really don't care. Do u?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I don't recall being invited, but I'm pretty sure I had to wash my truck that day anyway......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...