Thread: I just made a big bobo

I just made a big bobo

I told my wife that I was rooting around in one of my drawers, in the back were I could not see, and I came out with a snake skin

Not huge but about 24" (I'm guessing) and most likely a garter snake skin. She is having fits

Truth be told, I have no idea how it got there---I can think of no reason I would have brought it in from outside and put it there

It was in an antique drop leaf table and a snake would have no problem in gaining access to that draw. Plus it would have been the perfect place to take care of business
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I told my wife that I was rooting around in one of my drawers, in the back were I could not see, and I came out with a snake skin
    I can only advise changing your drawers more often, Dave......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I hesitate to add that finding a 24" snake in my drawers might have given cause for alarm, but maybe on a really cold morning......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

We had a cat who was an excellent hunter and loved us dearly. Spring through Summer, he'd bring in a live animal every day. They were mostly birds - 'cept when it was snake season.

He brought in a large Norwegian rat that lived in our house for a year. it became so bold that it would use our doggy door to get in and out of the house. We tried every trap/poison we could, but the little bastard was smarter than we were. Finally, acknowledging defeat, we hired an exterminator. While we were meeting with the exterminator our rat came through the doggy door and ran right into the exterminator - and his reaction when the rat bounced off his foot was well worth the extermination fee.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

We bought another farm and the place was rat and mice heaven. We started a war on the outside rats (they dug holes like ground hogs!) using a gas fumigant. We would find the second hole, close that up, then gas the tunnel and close that hole up---then on to the next one. In the building we relied on our barn cats from another farm----they eventually won the war but in the battle we lost our best mouser to an infection from a rat bite on her jaw

When we did anything in the buildings we tied our pant legs shut so they wouldn't run up our legs
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I hesitate to add that finding a 24" snake in my drawers might have given cause for alarm, but maybe on a really cold morning......Ben
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I'm sure I would have realized my mistake when I noticed the head had teeth in it......Ben

You are on one tonight Ben.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Dave is on one too - researched the Norwegian Rat thing. According to Wikipedia, they are known for having a second escape route in their underground lairs (and we all learned from Bat Man that criminal masterminds have lairs).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    ...(and we all learned from Bat Man that criminal masterminds have lairs).

Hunter
    I have GOT to get me one of them lairs......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    You are on one tonight Ben.
    I'm trying to catch up from my enforced absence last week...It'll pass quickly......Ben