Thread: Here you go Ben---when you have some time

Cool Here you go Ben---when you have some time

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I was surprised to find this coverage did not come from Daily Diesel Dose...He has consistently had the best videos for this show...This guy is his equal...:clap;...Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Finally worked my way through Dave's video. The only thing better than the classic rigs shown was when a classic truck was hauling other classic trucks.

Mom and her family owned a trucking company called C.R. Graham and Sons - based in Sacramento California. The family became wealthy as their business thrived in the 40s and 50s. A few of her brothers began collecting/restoring trucks just like the ones shown in the video. It was no coincidence Mom married a trucker who was a Bed Bug (trucker slang for a furniture moving company).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Here is a video of my neighbor.

What you will see in this video is only a very small part of his collection. He has expanded his estate to 2 acres--so he can add a lot more buildings

He has one man that does nothing but maintain the collection----much of which was at the truck show in Macungie. His entire fleet (working) is Macks and Fords.

He is in the process of designating his "estate" as a museum. (I can't wait to see how that impacts my taxes)
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    He has expanded his estate to 2 acres--so he can add a lot more buildings
    It looks like a lot more than 2 acres already, Dave......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That would be a typo----it should read 23

He keeps buying----which is a good thing since he is an "improver".

He also has a full time gardener (year round) who is a very talented young lady. All of his places are "trademarked" by huge tulip beds, which are stunning