Thread: Double duty for the Wok

Thumbs up Double duty for the Wok

Last night I made a stir fry of Bok choy, broccoli, cauliflower, and beef. When done I decided not to put the wok away but use it again tonight for fried cabbage----turned out to be a good move. It very easily held a full head of cabbage, as cut up, something that can be a challenge even for my 12 inch skillets.

So, a wok can do more than just stir fry
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Sounds good to me.

Oddly, Wifey doesn't like Chinese style food one bit. I get around it by taking her to the Food Court at one of the malls. Hence, I can eat all the Chinese Food I want.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

You can make stir fry dishes that do not taste Asian simply by using "down home" spices.

One advantage is that it can be more nutritional than most conventional methods. You "cook out" less nutrition in the food because of less cooking time. I think wok and air fryer are both similar in that. I always feel sad when I pour the green water out of the pot after steaming veggies, I can't help but start humming

Lastly----it is fast
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

A classic Humperdinck song there, Dave. Oddly, his Wiki page shows he also sang Lesbian Seagull for a Beavis & Butt Head movie.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead