Thread: Ukraine takes the initiative

Ukraine takes the initiative

From basement to battlefield: Ukrainian startups create low-cost robots to fight Russia

An ecosystem of laboratories in hundreds of secret workshops is leveraging innovation to create a robot army that Ukraine hopes will kill Russian troops and save its own wounded soldiers and civilians.

Defense startups across Ukraine — about 250 according to industry estimates — are creating the killing machines at secret locations that typically look like rural car repair shops.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Wow!...That's one I had not heard about...Ultra cool......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

"...most important feature is the price tag: $35,000, or roughly 10% of the cost of an imported model."
    - AP

Amazing cost savings. It may take some time before we can ascertain battlefield effectiveness. I'm betting they will do so.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"