Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Menendez: Guilty

Menendez: Guilty

Last edited by TriGuy; 07-17-2024 at 10:22 PM.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

bobby might want to try to keep the cell next to him open for thomas

Meanwhile----it didn't take chucky long to step out of the way:
    Immediately after the verdict, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer called on Menendez to step down.
    What a guy

Next up---da floosy
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Maybe he will do the right thing and resign.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

You mean he can't go through an appeal process first. A bit short sighted if one come compares him to other guys.

Granted I think he should do the right thing and step down, but an appeal is still his right.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Sure he can appeal. And he might not resign. But it's my opinion that he should.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I think it best if he takes this time to "put his affairs in order".

It sounds a bit like his wife might slip by---I'm sorry for her health issues----but those don't diminish her involvement in all of this. In fact, she might have been driving the train and leading bobby around by his tool
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Senate Democrats are calling for him to resign immediately of face Expulsion. If the Democrats put it up for an expulsion vote I think they can count on 100% of the Republicans to go along and give him the boot.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...ict-rcna162192
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Hmmm... So, either way he'd be out. But he probably feels more in control of the issue if he makes the move first.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Thinking about his options (which seem few)---at 70 years old and facing the rest of his life in jail----the thought crossed my mind: "how far the mighty can fall". I'm not expressing sympathy for him but maybe just a touch of empathy. His so called friends aren't going to help him out where he is going

I do think that his "diner find" wife helped him to make the "right" decisions along the way

I still harbor this school boy expectation that those who rise to the level of Senators are of a special class of people---beginning with being smart, followed by being unwavering patriots---ya I know
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 07-17-2024 at 07:46 PM.

He won't be the first...Others, including someone I once admired, made a path for him......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I know----but I keep hanging on to a "dream". At least in bobby's case he didn't have nearly as far to fall as cunningham

When cunningham got caught I was in denial for a long time and then just could not hang on to hope

And the list goes on......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    And the list goes on......Ben
    All right all ready----give me a break my friend---I feel bad enough with cunningham

Wow - not to draw this out, but Duke Cunningham was a hell of a warrior. He literally was what Top Gun was all about.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead