Thread: Precisely why DEI hires rarely work out.

FriendofBRW Guest

Precisely why DEI hires rarely work out.

Of course the Biden Administration is all about DEI hires..which is why it’s the second worst Administration ever

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/czP...ibextid=oKfgLb

I'm not going to make any statements about what the secret service agents covering Trump dead or did not do. But I can tell you, from personal experience, that I was on a presidential security detail for President Reagan. I had to go through a background check and answer a questionnaire and be personally interviewed by a secret service agent. I was chosen to be part of a human fence at the point to where President Reagan was going to be exiting the beast and entering the building. I was warned time and time again do not turn towards the president from the point he pulls up to the point he walked into the building. I was told any movement towards the president could be considered adversely and my life could be in danger. There were snipers everywhere, there was more security that I had ever seen. The pressure of the moment was extreme. I couldn't imagine what I might or might not have done if gunshots had rang out the moment the president was entering the building. The stress that the police and the secret service are feeling in a moment like that is as much as it gets. So I'm not going to be judgmental. Not many people get as close as I was to the president of the United States with a loaded sidearm.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

FriendofBRW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I'm not going to make any statements about what the secret service agents covering Trump dead or did not do. But I can tell you, from personal experience, that I was on a presidential security detail for President Reagan. I had to go through a background check and answer a questionnaire and be personally interviewed by a secret service agent. I was chosen to be part of a human fence at the point to where President Reagan was going to be exiting the beast and entering the building. I was warned time and time again do not turn towards the president from the point he pulls up to the point he walked into the building. I was told any movement towards the president could be considered adversely and my life could be in danger. There were snipers everywhere, there was more security that I had ever seen. The pressure of the moment was extreme. I couldn't imagine what I might or might not have done if gunshots had rang out the moment the president was entering the building. The stress that the police and the secret service are feeling in a moment like that is as much as it gets. So I'm not going to be judgmental. Not many people get as close as I was to the president of the United States with a loaded sidearm.
    Thank you for sharing your personal experience.

This agents actions warrant criticism…speaking only for me…it seems she is not qualified for the position

FriendofBRW Guest
    I can see a future SS help wanted ad in the future..

Are you short?…a little on the heavy side?

Have trouble holstering your side arm?

Long to wear dark glasses, black suit and appear to be badass?

Hesitate to act professionally under stressful moments?

Then we have a great opportunity for you…extra consideration if you’re a DEI candidate.

Apply today

I have to agree with Honda. If you have ever been in a extremely critical situation where you eyes are scanning for threats, putting something in a pocket or holster is not something you are going to waste time doing if you don't get it done in a second or so. I've been under heavy fire from multiple people and I have been in bad fire situations. I'm well trained yet I missed things. Luckily the stuff I messed up didn't get me or someone else killed or injured. Too damn easy to be an armchair quarterback.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

FriendofBRW Guest
    My opinion…holstering a side arm is a matter of muscle memory…the same as drawing it.

Honda is absolutely correct! If you've never worn the badge and walked in the shoes, you have no idea of what takes place.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by FriendofBRW View Post
    My opinion…holstering a side arm is a matter of muscle memory…the same as drawing it.
    Have you ever done it in an active shooter incident?
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

FriendofBRW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Have you ever done it in an active shooter incident?
    No…I’ve yet to have to draw my side arm in a threatening situation…never even been close. Truth is I rarely carry except when hiking or camping.

But this isn’t about me…this person is a trained agent…likely 4 minutes after the fact…three tries and still failed. In my opinion it should be automatic.

I Stand by my statement

I'm not addressing your views on DEI, because I share some concerns, but I can tell you when your blood pressure is 170 over 125, your breath rate is 25% higher than normal and you're adrenaline is pumping every ounce it has, everything is different. Your motor skills are affected.

Added on edit. It is also very difficult to replicate those type of environments with training. Yes it helps and it helps immensely, but it's not the real deal. If you ever have to deal with the real deal you will know it and it's different, vastly different.
    Last edited by Honda; 07-17-2024 at 09:28 PM.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.