Thread: Women

Red face Women

The only reason I know this is that I am hearing my wife on the phone with one of her cadre of friends.

Yesterday was her weekly Mahjong tournament and luncheon at the country club. The temp hit 101 F in mid afternoon when she was about to leave. She could not remote start her car---it just flashed the red light on the key fob each time she tried. So---off to the car at some unimaginable temperature but was relieved that it started once she parked herself inside that inferno

I had asked her to stop at one of my produce stands on the way home---which she did but was still whining about the heat when she got home.

Now for the rest of the story, as the saying goes. The key fobs for both "drivers" are identical---almost----on the reverse side is the logo for each marque. As I just overheard----this morning when she was ready to go swimming (indoor), it worked perfectly, flashing green immediately. Only when she went out and found her car not running, but could hear the Explorer was, did she realize the source of her hot seat yesterday

The good news is we are having a cold snap:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture.png 
Views:	379 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	40319
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I just leave mine running with the AC on until Oct.

Finally used the Jeep's AC when we reached the 100s. It's not a stellar performance on my part. I simply park in the garage with the windows down & put 'em up after a block or two has passed. Sitting in the shade prevents heat accumulation.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I just leave mine running with the AC on until Oct.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I have a sister living in Phoenix. Wifey will not visit her unless it's Winter (or what passes for Winter in Phoenix). My sister does just the opposite, avoiding coming North to us in the Winter - after being snowed in for a week at my Mom's house 10 years ago.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead