Thread: Yo Ben.... Ruger Quality?

Yo Ben.... Ruger Quality?

Or anyone with an opinion. I have a Ruger Security 9 and think the quality is fine but looking at a Ruger AR 556 and am curious of peoples opinions before I become a fan bouy......

Rifleshooter reports the 556 is a good all around weapon. Personally, I'm a M16 guy 'cause that's what we used in the Army - and I like the smaller profile.

Interestingly, looking at the 556, it can handle a 30-round capacity mag.

I'm looking forward to Ben's take on this one.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

AR-15's are practically a cottage industry these days, everybody and his brother seems to be assembling them for fun and profit...Value against the dollar seems to fluctuate with each new political rumbling...They are probably the easiest to build and work on .223/5.56mm platforms in existence today...I see them at gun shows from manufacturers I never heard of at a myriad of prices...My own personal choice has always been Colt because that's what I was first familiar with...I have owned and been a stocking dealer for Rock River also...As far as Ruger goes, they are one of the most trusted and reliable manufacturers with one of the best warranty programs anywhere...

Choose the one with the look, feel and features important to you and enjoy......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I just purchased this Ruger product. Couldn't pass it up for $$249.

https://ruger.com/products/max-9/specSheets/3500.html
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Fads come and go...Quality endures......Ben

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	297-3.jpg 
Views:	2581 
Size:	489.4 KB 
ID:	40320
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Interesting. I regularly carried a Lady Smith 9mm, due to its compactness. I merely had to change mags faster when in a qualification shoot (lesser capacity).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Thanks for the input guys!!!

The pics I posted above were taken by a well known photographer, Terry Popkin, who owned the gun when the pictures were taken...The above is a scan of the original prints I got with the gun when I bought it...That's why they look grainy......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    The pics I posted above were taken by a well known photographer, Terry Popkin, who owned the gun when the pictures were taken...The above is a scan of the original prints I got with the gun when I bought it...That's why they look grainy......Ben
    That is a beautiful gun. If you don't mind sharing what would be the retail price of a nice piece like that?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Terry's pics, particularly the ones of animals, are awesome.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    That is a beautiful gun. If you don't mind sharing what would be the retail price of a nice piece like that?
    While it's under my stewardship it's currently valued at $1600...I should probably bump that up a bit since it is also a 4 screw 14-1, of which very few exist......Ben

EDIT: Here's a pic I took of it today...And incidentally, it's not stainless or nickeled, the blued finish is highly polished causing the light trflection...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	297-3011.jpg 
Views:	2504 
Size:	233.8 KB 
ID:	40322

You should have no trouble getting that for that beautiful pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    You should have no trouble getting that for that beautiful pistol.
    So you're agreeing I should value it higher to prevent losing it to an inferior caretaker?...Good idea...Did I mention I have the factory letter that goes with it?......Ben