Thread: They're screwed now

They're screwed now

Uncontacted tribe sighted in Peruvian Amazon where loggers are active.

LIMA (Reuters) -Rare images of the Mashco Piro, an uncontacted Indigenous tribe in the remote Peruvian Amazon, were published on Tuesday by Survival International, showing dozens of the people on the banks of a river close to where logging companies have concessions.

The reclusive tribe has been sighted coming out of the rainforest more frequently in recent weeks in search of food, apparently moving away from the growing presence of loggers, said local Indigenous rights group FENAMAD.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Brings to mind our Native American issues and their struggle to retain their culture. Utah had the Intermountain Indian School in Brigham City - which shut down in 1984.

Though I empathize, we've seen this occur in many areas where humans live. At some point, we're going to have instances where different cultures interact. And, in virtually all of those encounters, the stronger dominant culture will prevail.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I hope my Mennonite brothers are not plotting a salvation mission to save those jeopardized souls in the name of Jesus Christ.
    Their hearts are pure but I'm not so sure of the mission. The fact that those people do not have the things which we regard as life's basic necessities has no meaning to them.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis