Thread: It works

It works

A few years ago someone (I have no idea who) took the initiative to create a sharing organization made up entirely of government entities where by every signer (no cost) could borrow needed equipment and tools from other members in an emergency.

Fast forward to this week and we had the power wiped out to two big water wells. The utility told us it could be as much as a week before they could restore those services. This was a particular bite in the ass because both wells are getting emergency generators installed (after more than 12 months in queue they both arrived last week). Foundations are done, switchgear is installed---but they are not yet in place.

The county showed (on their inventory), a trailer mounted genset big enough to run one well. We called Tuesday morning, and that afternoon it showed up. The by late Wednesday morning we were wired and running All we have to do is fill it up with fuel when we are done and they will come and pick it up.

Now that is working together for everyone
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Sometimes it really does take a village... (not an afront to my Conservative friends).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead