Thread: Instant Pot--again

Instant Pot--again

The world has turned to almost normal for a few days and I took advantage of that to make beef stew (recipe here a couple of years ago). I got it on (as a slow cooker) latter than I wanted at 1 PM but thought it might work. About 4 PM I gave it a check---and no good. The flavor was not developing as it should---so I gave it a shot of tomato powder and fish sauce and converted it to a pressure cooker---on high pressure for 25 minutes.

Success

If you have one of these but it sits in the cabinet---give it a try--they are pretty cool

Another advantage is that it is far easier on the a/c than cooking on the stove, a fraction of the time and energy
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 07-23-2024 at 08:46 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ...far easier on the a/c than cooking on the stove, a fraction of the time and energy
    Doing something similar with tortillas. I typically cook several of them under the oven's broiler. But, this Summer (record breaking heat) I've been running a small stove top burner on "high" to cook each tortilla for 10 seconds on each side. Hence, since the burner is for such a short time, there's much less heat as a byproduct of cooking.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead