Thread: Hottest day ever on earth

Exclamation Hottest day ever on earth

Driven by oceans that won’t cool down, an unseasonably warm Antarctica and worsening climate change, Earth’s record hot streak dialed up this week, making Sunday, then Monday, the hottest days humans have measured, according to the European climate service.

There’s a good chance that when the data comes in for Tuesday, it will be three straight days of global record breaking heat, said Carlo Buontempo, the director of the European climate service Copernicus. “These peaks are not normally isolated,” he said.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I was thinking about this issue today as I was watering - and hoping this is the last 100 F day we'll see this Summer. As I recall, we once had huge arguments here about whether or not climate change is real. Now that the issue is resolved, we can now argue about the cause of it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Had some rain, first in many a months. Lasted about 5 minutes.

Just to help it along got a free car wash earlier in the AM.... Told the wife now it'll rain. May get some again tonight.

Sad thing is a lot of catci are dropping because of no or little water for the last couple of years.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

FriendofBRW Guest
    Perhaops the hottest day since taking records, but certainly not the hottest day on earth ever.