Thread: Now this is cool

Cool Now this is cool

You gotta read it---this is the stuff of Hollywood.

Two top leaders of the Mexican Sinaloa drug cartel have been taken into custody by United States authorities to face charges for their role in leading the group's vast drug trafficking enterprise, the Department of Justice announced Thursday.

Sinaloa cartel co-founder Ismael "El Mayo" Zambada and Joaquin Guzman Lopez, the son of "El Chapo" Guzman, were placed under arrest in El Paso, Texas, on Thursday, according to Attorney General Merrick Garland.

"Both men are facing multiple charges in the United States for leading the Cartel's criminal operations, including its deadly fentanyl manufacturing and trafficking networks," Garland said in a statement. "El Mayo and Guzman Lopez join a growing list of Sinaloa Cartel leaders and associates who the Justice Department is holding accountable in the United States."
    You need to read the rest of this story

Not sure I would like to be the pilot who "delivered the goods"
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It's extraordinary to see how well our Justice System works, when it pulls off a feat like this.

In my opinion, these two men murdered the hundreds, possibly thousands, of people who OD'd on drugs they sent into our country.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

...and this story takes another twist.

July 27 (Reuters) - As a propeller plane on Thursday whirred towards the U.S.-Mexico border to cross illegally, U.S. agents raced to meet it at a small municipal airport near El Paso, Texas, and arrest two men who were part of Mexican drug trafficking royalty.
    The son of jailed former Sinaloa Cartel kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman planned to give himself up upon landing. The other passenger - legendary septuagenarian trafficker Ismael "El Mayo" Zambada – did not and was duped into getting on the plane by the younger man, according to two current and two former U.S. officials familiar with the situation.
    Zambada's arrest followed lengthy surrender talks between U.S. authorities and El Chapo's son, Joaquin Guzman Lopez, the sources said. But many American officials had given up hope on Joaquin turning himself in, and were caught unaware when he sent a last-minute message that he would arrive with a kingpin U.S. authorities had been chasing for four decades.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Apparently El Chapo Junior decided meals, accommodations and the chances of living past tomorrow were more favorable in a US Supermax facility than in an underground burrow somewhere in the northern Mexico flat sands......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I was thinking he might be missing his daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I was thinking he might be missing his daddy
    I'm sure they have many pleasant memories to reminisce on in the years to come...Family reunions are so touching......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Father: How many of your men died today?
    Son: Does it matter?
    Father: I like the way you think. No, it doesn't matter.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

FriendofBRW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    You gotta read it---this is the stuff of Hollywood.

You need to read the rest of this story

Not sure I would like to be the pilot who "delivered the goods"
    Typical Democratics…create a problem, then magically fix it.

Looks like a well thought out and executed Sting.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Looks like a well thought out and executed Sting.
    Time to trot out my fav response when a member nails it: Exactamundo.

Hunter