Thread: Tell the State to go to Hell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry Tell the State to go to Hell

Oklahoma schools in revolt over Bible mandate.

Educators in Oklahoma are refusing a state order to incorporate the Bible into their lesson plans, setting up an inevitable showdown with the start of the school year just weeks away.

Ryan Walters, the state superintendent of public instruction, last week released guidelines to schools for how they should be integrating the Bible into classrooms, saying educators who are against the initiative “will comply, and I will use every means to make sure of it.”

The message from some schools in the state: Bring it on.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It's unconstitutional but some of these states continue to pull the stunts.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Just waiting for the lawsuit to begin. Then people will claim we aren't religious enough. Let parents teach the religious stuff the same as they do about sex...... They aren't doing a great job on that either.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

For schools funded and administrated by government entities, that entity sets the curriculum...Schools sanctioned, funded and run by organized religions set their own standards...Parents may choose either one, or private tutors or home schooling...The choice is there......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

No struggle over religion in schools here. Each school district simply sets aside an hour, 2 to 4 times a week called Seminary. The Church (as we call it) builds a Seminary building right next to each of our High Schools.

I enrolled in Seminary each year - choosing classes that coincided with the latter part of the day. Then, at lunchtime, I'd leave school and go to work my full-time job. No one complained 'cause the system wasn't set up to track us. And, it didn't impact my C average grades (aced my music classes and failed the others). I was raised to be a Musician. As long as I was First Chair in Band, Orchestra, Stage Band and Pep Band, my parents were pleased.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I went to a private boys school from 8th grade on. It was founded in 1875 and supported by the Schwenkfelder Church. One of my ancestors, N. B. Grubb was a Mennonite minister and sat on the board.

We had "Chapel" M, T, T, F. Wed and Sat were half days and no chapel. Different local preachers would often speak and in-lieu of one of them the Headmaster or Dean would speak.

But---that was not a public school and anyone not comfortable with it could leave

We also had a Mennonite school but that was further away---like 10 miles
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 08-05-2024 at 06:23 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    No struggle over religion in schools here. Each school district simply sets aside an hour, 2 to 4 times a week called Seminary. The Church (as we call it) builds a Seminary building right next to each of our High Schools.

I enrolled in Seminary each year - choosing classes that coincided with the latter part of the day. Then, at lunchtime, I'd leave school and go to work my full-time job. No one complained 'cause the system wasn't set up to track us. And, it didn't impact my C average grades (aced my music classes and failed the others). I was raised to be a Musician. As long as I was First Chair in Band, Orchestra, Stage Band and Pep Band, my parents were pleased.

Hunter
    I'm assuming attendance is not mandatory at the seminary..
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.