Thread: What a break

Smile What a break

August is tax time in PA and MD---and it ain't purdy

But---amongst all of that gloom is a spark of humor

On the back of one of the tax forms is the following welcome disclosure:

Application for per Capita and/or occupation Exoneration Request
    It then lists valid reasons for such a request---one of which says: DECEASED

Now there----that clarifies the old saying that the only things in life that are certain are taxes and death---at least you can get out of one of them
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yeah, we're doing taxes for our deceased relatives. It does keep one's perspective on life and death fresh. It literally ends up revolving around how well they documented their financial moves while alive. For, it's not like we can ask them what happened and what they did. The docs are either in our hands, or else it did not happen.

Thus far, we've never been audited (but were sent a few warning letters we might be if we didn't rectify a potential issue).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead