Thread: This will do the trick

Exclamation This will do the trick

My Old Order Mennonite amazing grocery store.

Look at the offerings---they even have Anasazi beans The first time I got Anasazi beans Paul (Blue74) sent me a couple of bags

The thing that continues to amaze me is their huge stock of spices---including the very hottest---and plain people don't use a lot of spices, something like Ghost Peppers has to be for the "English" customers
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture .jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	190.4 KB 
ID:	40373
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"Warning: Extremely Hot"

Interesting. How's the flavor?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I can't answer that

I have been mixing them, primarily with kosher salt. That gives me a controlled way to add them to my food. They preform very well in enhancing the flavor of the food but I can't get a good read on their flavor. I have taste tested them straight on my tongue and that didn't yield an answer either---hot isn't a flavor
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ...hot isn't a flavor...
    An excellent point.

As I recall, we had candy years ago called Red Hots (looking online, we still have them). The sweet & hot experience didn't work for me. It was when I was a teen that I began to enjoy Mexican food. After eating it for a few years I got into the spicy/hot sauce condiments.

On our 1996 honeymoon voyage to China, Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore (14 days), Wifey and I came across an excellent hot sauce called Busha Brown's. It's made with Scotch Bonnet peppers and is made in Jamaica. After a few phone calls, I talked with a company rep and ordered a case of sauce. About 10 years later the sauce showed up on Amazon - at a lower price.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Thank you----that is new for me. Exactly what is it that you use---they have a bunch on Amazon

I like their Pukka Hot Pepper Sauce.

Hunter

It will be in my next Amazon day shipment

May it bring spicy goodness into your world.

(Per Dune, 1984, spice and leadership of interstellar space guilds go hand in hand)

Hunter

Well---this was a pleasant surprise

I put this on half of my breakfast to give it a try---after tasting some on my finger. It has a reserved hotness combined with a touch of sweetness. It is a very civil condiment, obviously not formulated to burn the top of one's head off. I found it so agreeable that I quickly dosed the second half of my plate

Reading the label for ingredients I am at a loss as to the source of the sweetness---I suspect it has to be in the scotch bonnet peppers they are using.

Thank you sir--this is a much appreciated tip

Thank you

'cause spicy hot food is

Hunter