Thread: Pork chops in the air fryer

Cool Pork chops in the air fryer

On a tip from my SIL I gave the air fryer a chance on thick cut pork chops--and they turned out very good and juicy

About 1 3/4" thick, bone in and brought to room temp prior to cooking. I washed and dried them, applied (both sides) kosher salt, Italian seasoning, and Tony Chachere’s Original Creole seasoning. Just before putting them in the fryer I sprayed them with EVVO.

I could not have been more pleased with the results. I cooked them to 135 F internal temp at 400F setting. I flipped them twice.
    The flavor was very good and best of all they were juicy---the juice was actually running out of them

This just might be the new standard preparation method for pork chops
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I don't recall seeing pork chops that thick in our grocery store. Hence, I'd need the butcher to cut them accordingly. The plus side is the chops would be relatively fresh, as a result.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

My SIL does the same with regular cut chops so I don't think the thickness is critical.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I was so impressed with the pork chops I tried lamb chops

I coated them (both sides)with EVOO, kosher salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and Creole seasoning.

Ten minutes on the first side, five on the flip side.

I think I have a new "go to" for both

Hint: after coating each side about an hour before cooking I pressed down with the back of a spoon to help the spices to hydrate.

Extra virgin nomenclature doesn't make sense. There aren't levels of virginity. It's literally a "yes" or "no" quality. A thing or person is either virginal or they are not.

(Now that I've got that off my chest, what does seafood mean?)

Hunter

In Asia there can be degrees of virginity (I've been told)

Virginity has value on the market and some girls have their "virginity" surgically restored. I cannot verify the truthfulness of that practice nor do I know how many times they can recover their lost maidenhead.

A quick check with Dr Google shows that this practice does in fact exist.

...and Webster defines seafood as: The meaning of SEAFOOD is edible marine fish and shellfish. I have to assume any fresh water fish is not seafood.