Thread: Fed thought to be planning three more interest rate cuts in 2024

Fed thought to be planning three more interest rate cuts in 2024

Not good news for me but I believe good news for the US economy.

BENGALURU (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve will cut interest rates by 25 basis points at each of the remaining three meetings of 2024, one more reduction than predicted last month, according to a slim majority of economists polled by Reuters who said a recession is unlikely.

The change in Fed rate cut calls follows a weaker-than-expected July U.S. jobs report, which encouraged interest rate futures traders to price in as much as 120 basis points of reductions in 2024 earlier this month. That pricing has reduced to roughly 100 now.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Ditto. Interest on my holdings is substantial.

It will be a gain for our economy in general. Reading between the lines, it's possible to stall a recession.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead