Thread: Make your plans accordingly...

Make your plans accordingly...

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Alright. Making plans now to get an umbrella.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I think I was 6 when I figured out the weather section of the Farmer's Almanac was just like the rest of it---there for entertainment while on the pot

Added in edit: The weather is an extremely important aspect to farmers--it influences much of what you do from planting to harvesting, making hay, plowing, et al. About the only non-weather related thing we did was milk---twice a day at the same time. That said I can't remember my Father ever going to the Farmers Almanac for guidance.

My Grandfather, a waterman got all he needed from the sky, the sky in the morning, the sky during the day and the sky at dusk. He not only knew what the weather would be today---he knew if the fish would bite. He seemed always to be aware of the sky and was continually scanning it for clues. Weather changed much more quickly on the Bay than back on the farm.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 08-20-2024 at 09:36 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

A "Wet Winter Whirlwind" would be excellent. That would be three wet winters in a row for us - significantly raising water levels of Lake Powell and Lake Mead.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

wait, what??? it's going to get cold and snow this winter....huh, i would have never thought that
    it's time to change the air in my head

I wait for the wooly caterpillar before I am sure of that

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I wait for the wooly caterpillar before I am sure of that
    they are already out up here, saw an all black one yesterday.....it was 45 this am here.....brrrrr
    it's time to change the air in my head

49 here with low humidity---what a blessing after such a run of hot weather

Seems like the deer are sleeping in this morning

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I ain’t skeert.. just need to remember and fill the generator gas cans.. gas heat, generator will run control circuit and circulation pump..

It said wet and sometimes very cold for us. Duh just another typical winter for the deep south.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.