Thread: Honda Aircraft Company

Honda Aircraft Company

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

If their planes are as good as my Honda lawnmower - I'm in.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I have a Honda compact diesel tractor. Very good machine---but it should come with one of them little guys from the homeland---with tiny little hands to work on it

In fairness, it is a common trait with compact tractors----which will keep me from buying another one When it comes to tractors, bigger is better
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It looks like a sizeable operation......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

has to have better QC than Boeing
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

They have actually been around for years. The aircraft division was formed out of respect for the original founder of Honda who always wanted to build an airplane. I have had the pleasure of flying in one of them and it was very comfortable.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

More on the Honda Business Jet.

Honda Aircraft Company is an aircraft manufacturer headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, responsible for the production of the HondaJet family of aircraft. Originally a secret research project within Honda R&D, Honda Aircraft Company was formed as a wholly owned subsidiary of Honda Motor Company in August 2006 under the leadership of HondaJet designer Michimasa Fujino.[2] Honda Aircraft Company began delivering aircraft to customers in late 2015, and by the first half of 2017 its HondaJet had become the top-selling twin-engine light business jet.[3][4][5]
    The ride on most private jets is comparatively smooth because of the altitude they fly at, which is higher than commercial jets.

From what I understand the Honda jet is made for quick jumps at short distances. It's range is limited.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I toured a Honda Business Jet at Oshkosh years ago. Nice plane if you can squeeze into it. I was baffled by the engine mounts though. The sales chick said it really cut down on vibration and engine noise in the cabin.